[Tagging] Title of maps (information=map)

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 20:42:16 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2 Nov 2021 at 07:07, Raphael <dafadllyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Besides, the fact that 41% of all maps have a `name` tag shows that
> mappers want to tag the title of maps. The quesiton is: Is it okay to
> use the `name` tag for this? Or should another tag be used instead? Or
> shouldn't the titles be mapped at all?

I think the name tag serves this purpose. I use it to add the title of the
board/map. Data consumers can decide if they want it to show up in search
results or not, or how it's rendered on the map as a label.

If the title of the map is "Foo National Park", I don't see a problem with
using that as the map/board name.