[Tagging] Title of maps (information=map)

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Sat Nov 13 19:24:44 UTC 2021

Vào lúc 14:03 2021-11-11, Martin Koppenhoefer đã viết:
> city limit signs _are_ tagged with name. 93% or 191897 times:
> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/traffic_sign=city_limit#combinations <https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/traffic_sign=city_limit#combinations>
>
> What tag is used for street signs? Is anybody mapping street signs?

I've been tagging street name signs as traffic_sign=US:D3-1, using a
standard sign code specific to the U.S. [1] I've been using name=* for
this purpose, reasoning that if traffic_sign=maxspeed can be tagged
maxspeed=* just like the street it applies to, then traffic_sign=US:D3-1
can be tagged name=* just like the street it applies to.

[1] https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1cZd

minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us