[Tagging] traffic calming bicycle bypass

Emvee emvee-osm at gmx.de
Sun Sep 26 21:24:16 UTC 2021

I did map quite some bicycle_bypass=yes, but for things like this:
*
https://www.mapillary.com/app/?pKey=746023462740102&lat=51.850180555556&lng=4.4468583333333&z=17&focus=photo
<https://www.mapillary.com/app/?pKey=292559608998780&lat=51.8654&lng=4.4621527777778&z=17&focus=photo>

*
https://www.mapillary.com/app/?pKey=792462621391571&lat=51.889336388889&lng=4.6044030555556&z=17&focus=photo
<https://www.mapillary.com/app/?pKey=792462621391571&lat=51.889336388889&lng=4.6044030555556&z=17&focus=photo>

I see the point that this is not bicycle specific but also
mofa's/mopeds/motorcycles can use it, but two_wheeler_bypass=no does not
look like a good idea to me, two_wheeler is not a common used term. Just
like amenity=bicycle_parking can be often also used by mofa's and mopeds
I do not see too much problems bicycle_bypass.

The problem that I see with traffic_calming:bicycle=no, is also related
to this, it asks for adding traffic_calming:mofa=no +
traffic_calming:moped=no + traffic_calming:motorcycle=no and that sounds
like overkill.