[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - namespaces for key prefixes & suffixes

Martin Fischer martin at push-f.com
Tue Jun 28 08:30:03 UTC 2022

Hi all,

the wiki currently documents key prefixes (e.g. addr:, contact: &
disused:) in the Key: namespace,
which is a bit misleading / confusing. I therefore propose the
introduction of a dedicated KeyPrefix: namespace.
(along with a KeySuffix: namespace for key suffixes such as :lanes and
:conditional).

In the same manner it would make sense to have dedicated templates for
key prefixes and key suffixes
because many parameters of {{KeyDescription}} don't make sense for key
prefixes/suffixes.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Namespaces_for_key_prefixes_%26_suffixes

Please discuss this proposal on its Wiki Talk page.
(I already created some topics there that have to be discussed e.g. how
to represent this in the data items, which template parameters actually
make sense for key prefixes/suffixes as well as how to document the
transport mode suffixes such as :foot, :bicycle and :motorcar in the wiki).

Best,
Martin