[talk-au] Buronga-Mildura Road???

Luke Woolley lswoolley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 15:57:26 BST 2009

First of all i'm sorry. I made that mistake when I was fixing up the Calder
Highway last August, during my efforts to show both carriageways and the
roundabout from existing GPS traces. Before I was corrected a while ago by a
mapper who contacted me about my ways of tagging streets with two names
(usually it is a highway name, and a local street name sharing the same
stretch of road). For C routes, I have been using the Victorian style of
naming these roads, which is in most cases, the nearest two places at the
ends of the route. The actual name I added was incorrect. I should have put
"Buronga - Mildura South Road" but I carelessly removed the local street
name at the same time. Back then I had a mindset that through routes had
priority over local routes, but I have changed that habit now! I also did
not get the name from Google. I NEVER use Google for any mapping. It is
derived from the worst mapping database (for Australia at least) I have ever
encountered.

Hope that clears things up.