[talk-au] Cycle path under railway

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 12:50:56 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:42 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/12/29 Geoff <gjn.pub at gmail.com>:
> > Hi Steve
> >
> > I am busy trying to get to understand how to connect the bits in a
> relation.
> > Not getting far but I want to read a bit more before I ask teh dumb
> > questions here.
>
> I can't tell you in potlatch, but it's dead simple in JOSM, you just
> select them and then bring up the relation panel (Alt+R) and click on
> the new relation button (button on the bottom left side of the panel),
> and you just fill in the bits, I don't know about cycle relations as I
> haven't tagged them but I'm guessing the type=route.

Just look at existing bike paths that use relations, like in Melbourne. This
explains it, I think:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:rcn

Use the "rcn" key. It's pretty straightforward in potlatch, there are so
many buttons you can press before you hit the right one. You create the
relation, then add each way to it. Again, look at existing bike paths to see
what it looks like.

Steve