[talk-au] Mini Roundabouts.

Ross Scanlon info at 4x4falcon.com
Thu Apr 29 16:13:58 BST 2010

> FWIW, here's how I see it
>
> 1) A mini-roundabout is a round marking, whether painted or slightly
> raised, in the middle of an intersection that can legitimately be
> driven over in a normal car.

While I tend to agree with this it's not what was my original issue.

The following two links are screenshots to two that I've since replaced with drawn out roundabouts. (each are about 340kb).

http://www.4x4falcon.com/screenshots/josm_not_mini_roundabout_source_nearmap.jpg
http://www.4x4falcon.com/screenshots/josm_not_mini_roundabout_source_nearmap_2.jpg

Both were tagged as source=nearmap by the same user.

These are quite obviously not mini_roundabouts as above or as per the wiki.

You'll also find it's "Offence Provison" under the road rules to drive across the center unless it is impractical to do so in the vehicle you are driving, eg semi-trailer.

--
Cheers
Ross