[talk-au] Fwd: [OSM-dev] To OSM editor authors

John Henderson snowgum at gmx.com
Thu Apr 7 20:47:31 BST 2011

On 07/04/11 21:10, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:

 > It's sad that this is happening
 > A vibrant aussie community has gone down the drain within the last 12
 > months.
 > I have spent 3 1/2 years (nearly) adding big tracts of eastern
 > australia to the osm map, and now think I will do something else with
 > my spare time.

Agreed.  Quite aside from other considerations, the fuel cost and the
wastage of having to do all this work again is staggering to the
individuals concerned.

It's not as if it can be dome in a lifetime by waiting for OSM
contributors to take all these roads again without going out of their way.

It wouldn't be nearly so bad if we could simply agree to the new terms
for objects outside Nearmap coverage (and for future contributions), but
have our "contaminated" work removed.

John H