[talk-au] Re-entering data to avoid licensing failure

John Henderson snowgum at gmx.com
Wed Dec 14 05:56:29 GMT 2011

As time and opportunity arises, I've started re-entering rural roads
where it's clear that the original is scheduled for deletion.  I'm
deleting the old way completely, and re-entering it from GPS data I'm
gathering.

JOSM now has a License Check plugin to identify potential deletions,
bringing up the way's history and looking at the mapper's details shows
whether the original ways (and significant edits) were mapped by
somebody who's declined the new contributor terms.  Similar
functionality seems to be available in Potlatch.

Are others doing this?  Is there a better way of maintaining OSM's
integrity given the situation we find ourselves in?

John