[talk-au] Mapping things that no longer exist

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 05:25:36 BST 2011

I don't have a problem with having the way itself in the database, but
I don't think that railway=abandoned is the correct tag for it, as it
doesn't fit the definition. I don't think we really have a proper,
accepted method for showing historical data that is important and/or
interesting to know, but doesn't actually exist at this point any
more. People keep trying to come up with one, but there are a lot of
problems ranging from verifiability through to just making things hard
to edit.

Stephen