[talk-au] Princes Highway (Relation 538443)

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 04:48:26 BST 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Ian Sergeant <inas66+osm at gmail.com> wrote:
> But what is the new route, and what is the old route?  If we can't answer
> this question, then we can't map it.

Ian, the world is a complicated place, and the answers to these
questions are not always straightforward to answer. It doesn't mean we
should just delete everything.

Also, if you think road routes are complicated, try cycling routes!
The documentation on them is pretty scant, and you have to piece
together signage, documentation, local knowledge and common sense to
map a meaningful "route". Yes, it means that there are small elements
of subjectivity in how we map, but that doesn't prevent the end result
being very useful and meaningful.

Steve