[talk-au] Improved AGRI Imagery Online

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 02:14:28 BST 2012

On 7 August 2012 22:54, Grant Slater <openstreetmap at firefishy.com> wrote:

> Currently the 7 zones are stacked left to right.
> I quickly hacked up a right to left stack:
> http://agri.openstreetmap.org/?layers=0B0
> tms url is: http://a.agri.openstreetmap.org/rtl/{zoom}/{x}/{y}.png
>
> There are a few regions which are better but not a huge amounts. Some
> regions better, some worse.

This is easy to work with in JOSM.  Just load both layers, and click on and
off to get the best view.  Is this additional layer going to stay?

> My next task is working on the South African 0.5m colour imagery I
> received from the "Chief Directorate: National Geo-spatial
> Information" (South African national mapping agency).
> Maybe GeoScience Australia has similar imagery?

Would be nice! :-)

I notice the landsat imagery on at GA is also CC-BY in much the same way as
the AGRI imagery was (including the soon to be released landsat 8).
Although I don't think the resolution will be as good as AGRI, it could be
useful to check for change, etc.  Is it possible to contact the same source
as before at GA, and confirm that they don't want any rights in data traced
from their other CC-BY imagery?

Ian.