[talk-au] Mass revert now??

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Thu Jan 5 23:35:27 GMT 2012

Quoting Ian Sergeant <inas66+osm at gmail.com>:

> On 6 January 2012 04:42, Michael Collinson <mike at ayeltd.biz> wrote:
>
>> I looked at doing a revert for the street where I lived but found that
>> just one "Fixed Stuff" changeset was affecting 12,576 different
>> ways! I guess
>> a lot of  other folk are in the same position.
> Yes, they are...

The biggest culprit is probably the residential maxspeed=50
maxspeed:source=default(etc) edit - should we start by removing this
one (removing just this change while leaving other subsequent edits
intact)?. This will probably need to be done in a few steps:

1. If the maxspeed and maxspeed:source tags have not been touched
since, then just remove these tags from the culprit changeset.

2. If the maxspeed has been changed since, then remove the tags from
the culprit changeset, making sure the new versions remain (e.g. some
maxspeeds I have corrected to 60, correcting the source tag at the
same time).

3. For some ways, the maxspeed is correct; for the ones I have come
across I have changed the source tag (usually to source:maxspeed=sign,
although some have been maxspeed:source=sign (or =voice)) - can we
remove the tags from the culprit changeset, adding the maxspeed to the
later changeset where the source tag was corrected (as it should be
obvious that I reviewed the maxspeed when adding the source tag)?

Mark P.