[talk-au] Charleville gone

Gordon Smith macalba at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 00:06:44 BST 2012

So much effort gone down the drain.

In my own case I've discovered that even though I'd mapped the entire
length of the Waterfall Way from Armidale to Coffs Harbour long ago,
somebody at some time has edited pieces and now, because they've not
"ticked the box", those edits appears as gaps along the route.  e.g.:

  http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-30.4815&lon=152.9683&zoom=14&layers=M

So I can't even assume that anything that I contributed and thus thought
might be complete, is complete.

Gordon

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 7:06 AM, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:

> It is definitely a pain that there was and is no realistic alternative to
> suffering the data loss.
>
> Assuming you didn't throw your data away (in any case your changesets can
> still be consulted) it is simply a matter of tracing the road geometry from
> bing (seems to be ok there) and adding your stuff back in.
>
> Simon
>

> Am 19.07.2012 22:46, schrieb Chris Barham:
>
> My pet project city is gone...
> So sad :-( weeks of my OpenStreetMap edits -
> from this: http://mapq.st/Mu0w1S
> to this: http://osm.org/go/uW6~q6RW--
> I surveyed Charleville and had a blast doing it, but I added to imported
> road reservation data instead of deleted and re-entered.
> To think that if the importer had ticked a single check box it would have
> saved the work.  Some people just want to watch the world burn.
> C.

Gordon Smith
http://las.new-england.net.au/
http://blog.macalba.net/