[talk-au] Redaction recovery

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Sun Jul 29 16:41:23 BST 2012

FYI, I am working on the Cooks River Cycleway which I mapped over
2005-2006 and can do the M7 cycleway if needed. I've been able to
re-create a map of my efforts from a January 2007 planet dump so have
1,000+ streets and paths over NSW and QLD that I can re-map using Bing
imagery. Dalby, Port Macquarie, Laurieton and some coastal villages are
done. Brisbane and Toowoomba look good so I am now working on Sydney.
Mostly this is Ultimo, Pyrmont, CBD, The Rocks, Elizabeth Bay and cycle
trips around the eastern suburbs coast down to Cronulla.

May I ask armchair mappers if they would not mind mapping in streets as
highway=road instead of highway=residential? Otherwise they look "done"
and I miss them. Putting source=Bing also helps me know that you have
not ground-surveyed them and that my older data may still be good.

Good luck to everyone on the ground with the remapping, alas I no longer
live in Australia,
Mike Collinson