[talk-au] [sharedmapau] Re: Plea to Australian decliners

Richard Colless firefly at ar.com.au
Sat Mar 31 11:24:16 BST 2012

No!  Wrong!

I've never actually declined at all. I have just never accepted the new
CT's. I didn't decline because I wasn't asked. From my point of view,
there wasn't _*any*_ communication directly with the mappers. I knew
about the changes *only *because I am on the Talk-Au list. OSM never
contacted me, and until quite late in the story, I didn't even get any
advice about the change when I logged on to make edits.

I followed the discussion with much interest, and only decided not to
accept the new CT's when I observed the rudeness with which the
objections were handled. The recent spate of correspondence has done
nothing to make me reconsider.

Richard