[talk-au] Historical rail lines

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 10:28:04 GMT 2012

Hi,

I'm pretty sure we've reached consensus in the past that if there is
absolutely no evidence of it on the ground - no tunnels - no cuttings - no
tracks.  In other words there was a railway line, but now it is a shopping
mall, then it doesn't get mapped.  We don't maintain layers of history in
OSM right now.

If there is evidence still on the ground, then we have tags for that.

What is the source for the data that is there, if there is no evidence on
the ground?  Where was it copied from?

Ian.