[talk-au] Geoscience NATMAP 250K Topo Maps

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 07:30:22 UTC 2013

On 14 November 2013 10:36, Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:
> If there's ECW files
> where it would be beneficial to host them, I could do or someone else
> could.

They are at http://www.ga.gov.au/products/servlet/controller?event=PRODUCT_SELECTION&keyword=natmap
but I don't see the benifit in hosting them when GA already do a
pretty good job at this. If your application doesn't support z/y/x
then patch it, and if you can't it would be much simpler to just proxy
the GA tile server to give a z/x/y endpoint.

> We'd have to get confirmation that data source was happy with attribution
> in accordance with ODbL sections 4.2 and 4.3 which are "keep intact any
> copyright or Database Right notices" or "a notice associated with the
> Produced Work reasonably calculated to make any Person that uses, views,
> accesses, interacts with, or is otherwise exposed to the Produced Work
> aware that Content was obtained from the [the datasource]"

That is a pity. The fact that OSM can't accept CC BY licensed works is
reminding me why I stopped contributing to OSM many months ago...