[talk-au] Openstreetmap Quality Issues

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Sat Oct 19 10:34:31 UTC 2013

I agree. Armchair mapping is useful for features difficult to survey and
perhaps appropriate for (eg) roads not yet surveyed but it should never
be applied to overwrite features already present, features probably
accuratly mapped already.

The OSM wiki page on Armchair mapping used to make that clear, I have
not looked at it recently....

David