[talk-au] Proposed data import. Queensland peaks and mountains

Jason Ward jasonjward5 at gmail.com
Mon May 5 00:41:08 UTC 2014

Hi Tim,

Agree with a zoned verification approach.  To your point about accuracy
would the OpenCycleMap countours be a valid positional accuracy check?  If
I read this link [1] correctly they are =/- 16m in vegetated areas and
+/-5m.
I note that this maps tiles have implemented at 10m intervals as well and
if I were verifying this peak (Mt Toby) I'd suggest it could be made more
accurate (moved left approx 150m).

Would that be a better approach?  [3]: FYI.

[1]:
http://www.nrm.qld.gov.au/services_resources/item_details.php?item_id=34171
[2]: http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/-21.1074/148.8531&layers=CN
[3]: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/SRTM

Cheers,

Jason

I don't want to be a downer but I found the information to be so inaccurate