[talk-au] Refreshing NSW place names from the GNB database.

Andrew Davidson u887 at internode.on.net
Thu Apr 7 02:30:42 UTC 2016

After a bit of digital archaeology I've found this thread:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/legal-talk/2007-July/000398.html

Which seems to be the point at which people thought they'd got
permission (but there are doubters in the thread).

The bit I can't figure is why they'd agreed to tagging with the
copyright notice but then the import seems to have gone ahead without
this, see:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/507147

for example.

Then there is a review in 2010:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/legal-talk/2010-August/004136.html

which seems to have resulted in someone still believing that we had
permission.