[talk-au] Legal access to Public land ...

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Thu Jul 7 02:35:27 UTC 2016

Hi

Even with Warin's proposed edit to the wiki guidelines, I think it is
still unclear whether its better to use the value 'private' or 'no'
for the 'access' key. (And the various transport mode keys).

For example, for tracks in national parks and closed water catchments
which have more restrictive conditions for the general public than
they do for the managing bodies, such as:'Management vehicles and
walkers only'.

The guidelines http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access#Values
'no' 	No access for the general public
seems to me to mean much the same as
'private' Only with permission of the owner on an individual basis

Maybe some specific examples in the wiki might help clarify this?

Tony