[talk-au] FOSS4G SotM Oceania meeting minutes

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 21:03:03 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Just to keep you posted, minutes from our meeting last week are posted
here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zfGVIgwW8Mdge-cIXO3msKB_ScU-Iv4z

By way of a few highlights:
- Our Call for Papers will open early next week, check out our website for
details on what & how to submit. Spread the word!
- We have commitments from some great sponsors, so the funding is coming
through, and it's becoming more real by the day. Thanks to North Road and
Alantgeo for signing up early, more sponsors will be confirmed and
announced soon.
- Planning has begun for the Community Day - get in touch if you have ideas
for events to be held on the free day following the conference.

For those keen to follow along on the conference planning journey, we've
started a new OSGeo mailing list specifically dedicated to discussion about
organising this event. It's open to the public, so feel free to subscribe
here: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania

We're just over 5 months away from kicking this thing off. Still mountains
of work to do! If you want to get involved on the day, or during the
planning process, drop us a line at admin at foss4g-oceania.org.

Cheers
John