[talk-au] Road name abbreviation exception?

Michael m.james at internode.on.net
Fri Jun 29 07:31:10 UTC 2018

The usage of Saint “Name” is wrong in the English language and should not be used.

The only time you use that notation is when you write about the person specifically.

Also in French Saint “Name” is acceptable just to be confusing, but this about Australian names and they should all be English (Unlike Canada)

What we might have to consider is that in indexing you use Saint not St, do we need to have it explicitly in the tagging (ie alt_name) or is this the responsibility of the renderer to work out?

Michael