[talk-au] Road name abbreviation exception?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 08:03:41 UTC 2018

Many church names in Australia have names containing 'Saint' followed by a persons name these are are commonly abbreviated 'St'.

I expand these out to Saint. I think that is correct in the English language.

I don't think the alt_name should carry the abbreviation, nor an expanded version.

For St Leonards .. there are two Saint Leonards

Saint Leonard of Port Maurice 1676-1751

Saint Leonard of Noblac -559

Saint Peter is well known ... well one of them at least. :)

---------------- Following a UK example?

Having a bet both ways ? In the UK a search on St Leonard lead me to

Node: Drayton Saint Leonard (21268304) - Saint - centre of the place.

Relation: Drayton St. Leonard (1864544)- St. - parish boundary.

Yes these are both the same area.

So .. for the suburbs/towns/villages at least it can be done both ways .. without using alt_name.