[talk-au] Aboriginal art sites

Ian Sergeant inas66 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 21:02:15 UTC 2019

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your thoughts.  I'm sure we're all well intentioned.

If I understand your proposal, what you're saying is we build a wiki page that lists the relevant authority and what should not be mapped in that area.  Then a local mapper would check against that when mapping significant local features?

So that raises two issues I see.

Firstly, since it's defined in the negative it relies on someone seeking out the local authority and recording their wishes.  Rather than imposing a positive obligation to seek permission.  In that way it seems a little different to what others seem to be proposing.

Secondly, we may end up with a wiki page with the areas and significant features all laid out.  Which may be counter to what we're trying to achieve here.

Ian.