[talk-au] Importing Hobsons Bay City Council tree data into OSM

cleary osm at 97k.com
Tue Apr 16 01:23:13 UTC 2019

I have great respect for Andrew Harvey's mapping and I would generally defer to his views. However in this instance, I would say that I have found it generally useful if the source of information is included with individual items, whether trees, roads, waterways, buildings etc to assist any future edits. In the past, the lack of any source has sometimes caused me to think that the contributor has used a non-approved source for the information. Further, if I am re-visiting an area of the map and have contradictory information, knowing the source of the original information may help to explain why I have now perceived a discrepancy and assists in determining whether or not modification might be necessary. Sometimes it is possible to retrace and identify information from the original changeset but if multiple changes have been made, I find it difficult to trace back to the original .