[talk-au] Join roundabouts

Andrew Davidson theswavu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 08:22:46 UTC 2020

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 10:52 PM Nemanja Bracko (E-Search) via Talk-au <
talk-au at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> I would ask users to try not to brake existing relations, and to note that
> multiple ways can be a part of single roundabout so it is not necessary to
> join these.

Vice versa it is also not necessary to split a roundabout to make it a
member of a relation. Like a lot of things there is no consensus on which
approach is correct:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:route#Bus_routes_and_roundabouts

and any number of arguments on the tagging mail list. Rather than demanding
that people map your way it may be more productive to modify your software
to handle both schools of mapping.