[talk-au] Join roundabouts

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 12:29:36 UTC 2020

noname=yes should only be used for actual roads which you'd reasonably
expect might have a name but don't have a name. I wouldn't want to see it
added to every roundabout, it's just a lot of noise. I've seen quite a few
roads with noname=yes which actually did have signposted names...

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 at 18:24, Andrew Davidson <theswavu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Vice versa it is also not necessary to split a roundabout to make it a
> member of a relation. Like a lot of things there is no consensus on which
> approach is correct:
>

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:route#Bus_routes_and_roundabouts
>
> and any number of arguments on the tagging mail list. Rather than
> demanding that people map your way it may be more productive to modify your
> software to handle both schools of mapping.

route relations I can understand, personally I'd just leave off the
roundabout from the relation, easy enough to infer the route in between,
but how would that work for a destination_sign? I guess the roundabout is
always oneway so adding the whole roundabout should usually be okay, but
does feel better to have a distinct from way leading to the intersection.