[talk-au] Camp_sites discussion

Bob Cameron bob3bob3 at skymesh.com.au
Wed Apr 21 11:36:54 UTC 2021

My thought is that OSM really only uses camp_site as a grouping
mechanism for anywhere someone may stay (at least overnight) that isn't
a fixed place of residence, but not a motel etc. Apart from caravan_site
I don't see any others. ie "camp" is not the grass/dirt/sand only thing.

I personally use the term quite loosely. I "camp" wherever I am.

Yes s/c is another case I forgot to mention. There are different
versions of that too. Some allow grey water/ground dispersal. Others
require a storage tank for all waste water.

I guess that in addition to caravan=yes/no, tent=yes/no and
motor_vehicle=yes/no there might be a need for self_contained_grey and
self_contained_black keys or that these be an option like;

caravan=yes/no/scb/scg and motor_vehicle=yes/no/scb/scg
(motor_vehicle covers motor-homes, vans and cars)
Is this method of adding unusual values valid?

The opencamping website is a display of OSM data or standalone?