[talk-au] Funding for OpenStreetMap initiatives

Jonathon Rossi jono at jonorossi.com
Tue Jul 13 04:25:57 UTC 2021

I've had the opposite experience before in South Brisbane which was funny.
I had a clipboard with printed maps writing notes the day of our Riverfire
festival and I had people keep coming up to me asking me where they should
put or deliver stuff, QPS didn't even ask what I was doing. Had to keep
telling them I wasn't part of the festival. I definitely have felt a bit
dodgy though when surveying in populated areas.

A lanyard would be nice. The credit card sized ones with the slot in the
top so you can keep it in your wallet, and either attach it to a lanyard or
a pin clip (most people would already have a bunch from previous events),
means postage is just the cost of a letter. Make sure both sides have the
logo or domain name as it'll spin around. Don't think I'd wear hi-viz,
it'll make you stand out even more.

Jono