[talk-au] Can anyone make sense of this?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jul 30 08:22:05 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 30.07.21 01:43, Little Maps wrote:
> If the edits are accurate, legally acquired, ethical and respectfully
> build upon the work of previous mappers then, imo, so be it. “Necessary”
> vs “unnecessary” has never been a criteria for inclusion in OSM.

It has, and it should. Anything added to OSM makes editing more
complicated for mappers to come - *especially* when it's relations that
always have the potential to trip up the newbie mapper.

Something that is completely unnecessary reduces the ease of editing of
our map while adding no value to compensate for that. It makes it harder
for us to achieve what we want - a map editable by anyone.

Bye
Frederik