[talk-au] Wide-ranging changeset that merges tags from addresses, shops and buildings

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat May 15 09:03:19 UTC 2021

On 15/5/21 9:54 am, Stéphane Guillou wrote:

> Thanks Warin and Graeme. I had also sent a private message, and no
> response either.
>
> I went ahead and did my first revert with the JOSM plugin, which is
> some fun mental gymnastics... Only 7 conflicts, thankfully. Revert
> changeset is this one: https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/104711700
>
> So out of the 7 changesets, 2 have been reverted:
>
>   * Geraldton landuse <https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/103072911>
>   * Land usage <https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/103073501>
>   * Fixes around Corsico
>     <https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/103074145>

I took a look at this one, made some changes and asked a local to look
at it. So I think you  can skip it.

>   * المحطة البخارية للكهرباء
>     <https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/103074175>
>       o reverted by Warin61
>         <https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/103074175>

Yer .. this one... umm the original mapping is not good either. But
better to leave it for someone to clean up that knows it.  The sand
scrip says something like "steam powered electricity" - tagging for the
render.

>   * agro industrial plants; house numbers merged
>     <https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/103074912>
>       o reverted by stragu
>         <https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/104711700>
>   * Venezuela cleanup and additions
>     <https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/103076310>
>   * try to fix this area
>     <https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/103076460>
>
> I don't have time to review (and revert if need be) the other ones
> this weekend, unfortunately, but might have a look next week.

It is not all that urgent, most of the changesets are a small amount of
data. The main concern is the combining of features into one OSM item.