[OSM-talk-be] IGN/NGI/NGI/NGI too now using OpenStreetMap

André Pirard a.pirard.papou at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 05:24:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

Regarding this wonderful proposition of Nicolas, IGN/NGI/NGI/NGI/НГИ
have announcedCartoWebreplacingTestbed.
See the announcement below the fr/nl bars at the end of this e-mail.
This looks great when a JOSM bug/incompatibility will be fixed. I've
opened a ticket and I'm confident.
This CartoWeb supports CECP 3857 <private-joke without waiting 5 years
/private-joke>
I need to see it work to compare with Testbed. I wonder how the
additional layers can be selected.
One thing I can already say is that if the administrative borders were
coarse with Testbed, they are completely wrong with CartoWeb and, if he
looked at that, it's no wonder that someone found that they don't match OSM.
Please Nicolas or someone, look at convention #2
<http://www.ngi.be/FR/FR1-19-1-1.shtm> to see if they could agree to
make it suitable for OSM.be.

André.