[Talk-ca] not a mapping party but...

Jason Reid osm at bowvalleytechnologies.com
Wed Sep 17 04:37:12 BST 2008

Pierre-Luc Beaudoin wrote:
> Le mardi 16 septembre 2008 à 14:34 -0600, Jason Reid a écrit :
>> I will be there. And fingers crossed the openstreetmap.ca site will have
>> the Canadianized mapnik layer running on it by then so we can show it
>> off.
> Can we have more information on that? :)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pierre-Luc
I've been working on a rule set for mapnik to give the Canadian map more
canadian flavour. So incorporating the real highway shields for most
provinces, plus a few color tweaks to start with and a few other shops
and amenities also get icons now. The shields are the time consuming
part, as I've had to generate the svg for each number for each province
(though its a bit more scripted now then it was to start, after
realizing exactly how many hundred numbered highways there are in just
Alberta). Once its up then I'll be open to other suggestions (or
patches) to change other things on the map.

-Jason Reid