[Talk-ca] Fwd: canvec2osm sample area tofino BC _with roads

Michel Gilbert michcasa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 00:55:21 BST 2009

2009/4/1 Sam Vekemans <acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com>

> Hi Simon,
> Yup, It's kinda cool seeing both the CanVec roads & the geobase roads in
> the same spot.
> Check out Glenwoodville,AB
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=49.3667&lon=-113.5167&zoom=13&layers=B000FTF
> when viewing the canvec data overtop.

I checked the area mentionned below. At intersections the osm ways do not
share the same node. Therefore, it means that lines are not connected to
each other. At intersections, it is important to share the same node. To
duplicate nodes it may look fine cartographically but it does not respect
the osm model.

I decided to check other locations in Alberta and it seems that the problem
is everywhere. Was anyone aware of that problem ?

Michel

> http://sites.google.com/a/acrosscanadatrails.com/www/Home/canvec2osmsamplearea082h05PincherCreekAB.zip
>

> Look forward to the feedback,
> Cheers,