[Talk-ca] uStream.tv - GeoBase Import to OpenStreetMap

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 03:17:12 GMT 2009

Thanks,I hope Steve Singer would be able to help answer the question.
I'll just give my notes:

Maybe even tomorrow (thursday) i can have time in the library to try to
explain on the white board what the problem is; and then try to explain what
i mean when i say "copy / paste" from geobase.osm to data.osm
Where all the tags would remain in tact. ... a tedious process, but not any
more tedious than tracing from your own GPS Tracks.

Does anyone know of a way to get a camera on my screen, so then when im
talking people can see what is going on with my screen?

For me, i'm still a little 'daft or slow' as i cant figure out where to
'automatch' when i have OpenJump running, and have loaded both sets of
files.
.. nor have i figured out how to convert the osm data to a SHP file.  I need
even more detailed instructions :-)

I imagine that the EXACT same process to convert the automatch results can
be used for other shape files (just change the tags).