[Talk-ca] Stats-Can licensing

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri Feb 27 21:30:01 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 14:58 -0500, Richard Weait wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 14:26 -0500, Richard Degelder wrote:
> > With the license for Stats-Can we are not going to be able to use any of
> > their data.  Although OSM is non-commercial there is no way we can
> > ensure that any future user will always be non-commercial as well.
>
> Dear Richard,
[ I didn't see the non-commercial restriction at [1] ]
> Are you looking at a different license?  Link?
>
> [1]
> http://geodepot.statcan.ca/2006/Reference/Freepub/92-500-GWE/2007001/agreement.htm

Ah, I found what you were looking at.  In a previous message Sam linked
and quoted from another page on statscan that included a non-commercial
clause.[2]

I'll contact them and ask about the apparent conflicting information.
Please, let us not swamp them with multiple emails.  I suggest we check
back if we haven't heard back in a week or so.  (Please remind me if I
haven't posted an update by March 10th)

Best regards,
Richard

[1]