[Talk-ca] NRN Fort McMurray area data

michcasa at gmail.com michcasa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 21:35:11 GMT 2009

On Jan 18, 2009 11:08pm, Steve Singer <ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2009, Michel Gilbert wrote:
>

> Steve,
>

> Good work. Your osm file looks great. I am going to use your work to
tackle

> the nrn import with FME.
>

> Sounds good.
>
> Let me know if you want the latest versions of the geobase2osm.py script.
>
> Is FME able to match roads between the two sets or were you going to use
road matcher for that?

FME has tools to compare geometries and attributes. From previous
experience, I found matching processes are very difficult to achieve. If
the features are distanced, or overlaped, or if the representations are
different it will be hard to find a match. Anyway, I built one FME
application for road matching. It will also snap the new ways ti existing
ones. I will start a new thread about my whole process in a new talk.

> I would also be good to know what areas your working on so we don't both
import the same area. My thinking is that I'll continue working on
importing the rest of Alberta in managable sized chunks.

I will concentrate in British Columbia. NRN Geobase in BC has road/street
names. Our work, one day will merge in the mountains, along the boundaries.

Michel

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=56.65477&lon=-111.32785&zoom=17&layers=B000FTF