[Talk-ca] Quality of Alberta + Next road import area

Steve Singer ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 26 02:24:58 GMT 2009

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009, Jean-Sébastien Moreau wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> look (see attached images).
> In fact, all the geobase ways are not connected to the osm ways. On the JOSM
> screenshot, the pink way is an original osm way that was there before the
> import. We can clearly see that the geobase ways (pretty much all the rest) are
> not connected to it. At least the geobase ways are connected to each other.
> This was a quite a surprise for me. My understanding was that there would be
> some

This is expected and was discussed back in December and again after the
initial Fort McMurray import.  The imported ways don't connect to the
existing ones.  This seemed to be favoured over deleting existing data.

> It would be great for the network we are building to have a clean topology in
> order to be compatible with these technologies.
>
> I think we should correct Alberta first before moving to an other province.

Do you have any ideas on a method that can be used to connect the existing
wasy to the imported ones, or even better an implementation?

> I’m sorry to block the momentum but I think that it is a major issue.
>
> Jean-Sebastien

Steve