[Talk-ca] Missing highway ramps on OSM map, not missing on Ibycus topo map

Marc Provencher marc at marcprovencher.com
Sun Mar 21 19:43:48 GMT 2010

Hi all,
I'm new here, pardon the newbie vocabulary.

While comparing the OSM maps and Ibycus topo map for Alberta, Canada, I
noticed that the OSM version is missing several highway ramps.

An example below:

OSM version with missing ramps:
http://provencher.smugmug.com/Other/Misc/OSMversion/815640098_8PFFt-XL.jpg

Ibycus version showing the highway ramps:
http://provencher.smugmug.com/Other/Misc/IbycusVersion/815640058_wekbE-XL.jpg

I could fix this one instance myself if I knew how, but there are several
other locations where such errors exist. I've only looked at Calgary and Red
Deer areas in Alberta so far.

I'll be setting up a Linux box to contribute in the project in the near
future, but in the meantime if someone could give me a few hints as to where
to look to find the problem, that would be great. I suspect it's in an
import phase somewhere, because I though that OSM and Ibycus were both based
on the same original data (Geobase?).

Thanks in advance,

--
Marc Provencher