[Talk-ca] Vancouver campus data

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 29 19:47:57 BST 2010

On 29 March 2010 10:37, Corey Burger <corey.burger at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, who holds copyright on the data? They need to sign off on
> importing it into OSM if it isn't licensed under fairly liberal terms.
> If you don't know then it is likely all rights reserved. Plant Ops may
> not have the ability to do this. Likely you are going to need to clear
> it through Legal, which can add time and headaches.

I am aware of this, I know some places may say "sure, do what you like" but
I will make sure they first tell me "yes our own staff created the data from
scratch with no tracing of anything". I have a good feeling they drew it all
out themselves over the years, PlantOps here is a pretty big and I often
think this campus is a small city itself.

I'll document the details (such as what tags I give what data items) and
blog the process (including communication outcome).

--
Gregory
osm at livingwithdragons.com
http://www.livingwithdragons.com