[Talk-ca] OSM Import Validations

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Thu Oct 28 22:09:33 BST 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Gordon Dewis <gordon at pinetree.org> wrote:
> One thing I've been wondering about WRT data brought in from Canvec is what
> to do about the Canvec-related attributes when correcting/extending ways
> that came from Canvec. Specifically, I'm thinking of the "source" attribute.
> I usually remove the source attribute if I've change the way, combined it
> with other non-Canvec ways, extended it, or similar. I expect the convention
> for this sort of thing is written down somewhere, but I haven't seen it.
> Some guidance would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Gordon (KeeperOfMaps)

Hi Gordon,  and welcome to you as well.

I'm not sure that we have guidance on that written down anywhere.  I
leave the attribution if I'm making a minor change and replace it if
I'm making a major revision.

So old canvec buildings that have since been demolished, I change to
landuse=brownfield and source=survey.

Any other suggestions on this?

Best regards,
Richard