[Talk-ca] Importing MLI park boundaries

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat Mar 26 10:18:59 GMT 2011

On 26/03/11 04:03, Samuel Dyck wrote:

> Let me clarify, will the so called tainted data still be up for the near
> future, or will I be spending my week preforming hectic Canvec imports
> to save street names I gathered with a pen and paper? It doesn't look
> good for me
> <http://osm.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/map/?zoom=12&lat=49.88177&lon=-97.17517&layers=B0>.

Please ignore Sam - there is no data removal planned for next week.

I think he has confused the stages of the license change process - the
next stage is to ask people to accept or decline the license before they
can edit.

It is not the point at which the license will change and problem data
may have to be removed. It is not even the point at which people who
decline will not be able to edit any more.

More details about the implementation plan can be found here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License/Implementation_Plan

As I understand things it is Phase 3 which we are close to entering, not
Phase 5.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)