[Talk-ca] Bug in canvec street names

Bégin, Daniel Daniel.Begin at RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Mar 12 12:53:51 GMT 2012

Bonjour Paul,

As the data is provided by provinces/territories (GeoBase NRN), names, over-noding, and other problems have to be resolved there first.

However, for simple correction (double spaces in names) I have taken the initiative to correct them automatically. For the rest, like over-noding, I do not have the time to setup filtering and make sure the result is appropriate for the entire country :-(

I'll send this information to the NRN team.

Thanks
Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Norman [mailto:penorman at mac.com]
Sent: March 11, 2012 20:46
To: Bégin, Daniel
Cc: talk-ca at openstreetmap.org
Subject: Bug in canvec street names

In 092G03.2.2.1.osm I noticed streets named "East  51st Avenue" with two spaces between East and 51st.

Additionally most of the lanes are tagged highway=service lanes=1 surface=unpaved but are paved, and should also have service=alley. They're also over-noded. This may be an issue with the underlying NRN data.

I've been fixing the NRN alleyways as I do license cleanup.