[Talk-ca] OSM New-York - Import de contours de batiments et adresses

Daniel Begin jfd553 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 6 21:53:00 UTC 2014

Bonjour Richard,

You wrote that Imports are harmful to OpenStreetMap and to the OpenStreetMap
community. I'm inclined not to agree with you. However I may have missed
something obvious.

Saying that data import is harmful to OpenStreetMap project and harmful to
its community sounds like sharing a belief.
Please, provide us with concrete examples to make all of us understand why -
not only believe - that imports are harmful...
- To the project, specifically in Canada?
- To the community, specifically in Canada?

I agree with Pierre that we should bring a minimum of nuances in discussing
subjects like the imports - actually, discussing with the community should
be done with nuances, whatever the subject.

Considering all what you have done for the OSM project so far, and the
nuances you usually show in your words, the facts that support your
statement about import must be very strong! Unfortunately, I am not aware of
these facts/arguments and maybe the community is not either...

So please, take the time to make your point; and if possible be specific to
the Canadian community. I guess most of us are reasonable people and we
should be able to understand something that seems so obvious for you :-)

Best,
Daniel