[Talk-ca] Federal licence : Confusion

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 13:03:50 UTC 2015

> This would be referring to the explicit permission that NRCan/StatCan
gave OSM some years ago. This is a form of attribution.

However my understanding is this was given before the OSM license change
and before the OSM requirement that anything uploaded may have its license
changed by OSM in the future which is contained in the new contributor's
terms for uploading.

Much of the data is tagged with CANVEC import etc viewable in JOSM but in
the Ottawa area in particular many of this attr / source tags have been
removed.

Cheerio John