[Talk-ca] Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador, Canada Data

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 21:51:14 UTC 2017

Let's go back to my full statement:

The City of Ottawa has adopted it with some minor changes.  At the
municipal level the license has been approved by OpenStreetMap's legal
working group.

Stewart>This is not the case, unfortunately.

If the Ottawa license is used with a change of municipal name then I do not
see what the problem is.  Ontario and Toronto licenses are different and
were derived from a different source to my understanding.  I accept these
may not be compatible with OSM and before their use they need to be
verified.  I think Jamie has already raised the issue that if Open Data is
used the license might be an issue.

Cheerio John