[Talk-ca] OpenStreetMap as a data source for visually impaired people

Dave Dowding davedowding at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 10:22:29 UTC 2017

Hi,
I'm studying Geographic Information Systems and am doing a dissertation on
whether OSM data is a good data sources for visually impaired people. The
evaluation of different geographic data sources for visually impaired
people seems to be under researched, though very important for those who
need the data.
I hope to be able to be able to come up with some ways to improve the OSM
data for visually impaired people and to create an map to show geographical
areas where more data is needed.
To help me with the project I would appreciate your help in filling in a
survey at
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeVTB0m1CV6zJ_5ZG9dq0l-lAq7KkdsWrnlmdUPq6THoSR3Yw/viewform