[Talk-ca] canvec imports

Andrew Lester a-lester at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 27 18:36:53 UTC 2018

I agree. A selective import from CANVEC is fine and generally gives good results. As long as you don't import things like forests and buildings (which are both woefully out-of-date, broken, or outright wrong), there usually isn't a problem. However, if someone just imports an entire block of data without inspecting it, that's when we run into the visible issues that the peanut gallery picks apart.

Andrew
Victoria, BC